Join The Tribe
Why should I become a member of a local church?
Here are some thoughts regarding the importance and value of joining a local church.
1. A place to call “home” – “Home” is usually where the “rubber meets the road”. We get to know our “family” and they get to know our strengths and weaknesses, and as “iron sharpens iron”, we become stronger both in the short and long term.
2. Accountability and Encouragement – A home church becomes a place for accountability, (continuing the thought from the previous point), and also is a great place for receiving encouragement from brothers and sisters in our family.
3. Pastoral Care – We all encounter times of crisis such as sickness, deaths, divorce, family events, as well as times of joy such as marriages, job promotions, etc. It’s wonderful to share these events with our families, and of course, it’s always so comforting to have the local family of God surrounding you with prayers and support.
4. A place to get involved with a ministry on a consistent basis – As part of a community of believers, there is something powerful about having the faithful, consistent witness of a person in ministry not only in the good times, but also in the tough times. Impressionable children and students often look up to those in ministry as examples for their own lives as they are young, and to be remembered and followed as they grow older.
5. Respectability and Acceptance in ministry endeavors – Most Pastors want to know what home church a person attends when they are asking for a place to minister in the church or community. To most pastors, this shows a teachable and servant spirit. In watching over the flock under their care, they are careful who speaks into the lives of the congregation.
6. Gives the local Church stability for more effective and impactful ministry – The church knows who can be depended upon for financial and ministry support.
And, of course…there’s always this powerful scripture from the Word in Hebrews 10:25 (NKJV) 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
Please fill out the contact form below!